Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mount Vernon

We just spent a week in Washington D.C. with BryAnn and Greger. Greger had a convention so, of course, we had to go babysit BryAnn so she would stay out of trouble there! We first got to go visit Craig, my brother, in Pennsylvania. We had so much fun seeing his cute family and spending some time with them. He even fixed us one of his famous "Bart McMuffins"!

Back to D.C. to see and experience as much as we possibly could. Holocaust Museum, Capitol, American Indian Museum, Printing and Engraving Museum, Archives, Zoo (to see the pandas!), Library of Congress, The Supreme Court, National Cathedral, Botanical Garden, outside of the White House, Air and Space Museum (downtown and also by the airport), Cemetery to include the changing of the guards and then the Monuments along the Mall. I'm sure there was more . . . I just can't think what else we saw right now! We did alot!


Let me tell you how tough it is to keep up with BryAnn. She is a goer! She is the best tour guide. She would plan everything out in the evening and then the next day -- tell us what we were going to go do. It was great!

We played "May I" every night. I think BryAnn pretty much skunked us on that as well! Of course, we couldn't play until after we had our Baskin-Robins ice cream. We got so we knew the kids at the ice cream store by name! The fact that we made them go through all their quarters every night -- just in case there was a "P" version in there. We brought home probably about $50 worth of coins from Craig, Jon and the various stores we went to.

San Francisco here we come . . . in 2009! We're already planning and thinking about where we can go while we're there!


3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you guys got to go on a vacation! It looks like you had a lot of FUN!! Love you guys! PS>> we have got to get a new picture for the header on your blog... I look like a crazy woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you for working on your blog! I love the pics. Although I must agree with Shalise on the header picture. It's a good thing I'm losing weight!! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll let you know any great places that I find in San Francisco...since I leave in 5 days! (Or you can scope out my blog sometime next week, since I'm sure I'll have some cool pics.)

    Hope all is well with you! :)

    www.sheena-b.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete