Sunday, October 26, 2008

Trip to IOWA

I went out to Iowa to see Shalise and Devin (and Koiya) on a long weekend. It seems like all we have been doing is eating and shopping and then eating and shopping more! We did go to a movie, visited Devin's school and went to their church today. We've had a fun time. Shalise is always good for a good shopping trip -- helped me get some of my Christmas shopping done! Their condo is perfect for them and they are in a great area -- close to the freeway, Jordan Creek Mall, Target, Walmart and the grocery store. Weather has been changing daily -- one day it was cold and rainey, then a warm day and today has been so windy! It's been fun to see their place and how cute it is.
OK - just so you know, Koiya remembered me! She's been cute. Funny, how I have kinda missed being around her and having her greet me when I come home.

I had a gift card for PF Changs that we decided to use. The food was great . . . our waiter wasn't so great. We had a fun time anyway in spite of him!

Devin showed me around DMU (Des Moines University). He took us through the labs and lecture rooms, wellnes center, bookstore and even the mock emergency room. It was really interesting! Quite the school. . .
Shalise and I found this cute little shop and thought we should stop and check it out. Chocolate and gifts . . . it was a fun place to visit.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo! LOVE THE BACKGROUND! Love YOU too!

    I am glad you got to go and see Shalise! How fun!

    Chocolate Storybook....WHERE DO I FIND ME ONE OF THOSE??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background too. It's really cute. I'm so proud of you for posting! You're getting better.... Glad you had fun. I can't wait to go myself. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete