Sunday, January 25, 2009

What a day! Serene's mother, Lois, came into town a couple days ago and we haven't had a chance to visit so we invited all of them over for dinner today. Jana then called and said they wanted to come over today as well, which was great -- they could pick up the file cabinet I had for them.

Before the morning was over, Kyle called and they weren't coming because Brigham has RSV. He had been up a couple times during the night and they really didn't want to take him out. Can't say as I blame them with all that is going on sickness wise right now.

Sidney then called and asked if we could go down and pick she and Cole up because Rett just had a seizure and their parents were headed to the doctor's clinic with him after having the ambulance there. Pretty scary . . . this has never happened before!

I definitely don't like it when two of the babies are sick!

Lois, Cole, Sidney, Ernie and I ended up eating this great turkey dinner! It wasn't quite the same but it worked out okay. At least we had plenty of food and we were able to send food home to the others. Lois, the kids and I even got in a few hands of Phase 10. We had a fun time.

I guess I should tell you that Rett ended up being okay. After calling the ambulance and then taking him to the clinic themselves, it was determined he had a feveral (not sure I'm spelling that right or not) seizure. When we took the kids home this evening, he was still pretty pale but did sleep for a while after getting home. Said he now has a 50% chance of having another seizure at some point. That's not very encouraging.

Hopefully Brigham is feeling better as well. This time of year is so hard on these little kids. There seems to be so much "stuff" going around with everyone lately. Lots of sinus and respiratory infections.

1 comment:

  1. What a crazy Sunday?! I feel so bad for Brigham and Rett... what a bummer ! You are right it is such a bad time of year for little ones!

    I am sad I missed your Turkey dinner, I am sure it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete