Thursday, August 6, 2009

What a wonderful day it has been! OK -- it's my birthday and I'm not even at home but I have had so many phone calls from family and friends. I know sometimes a phone call is so hard to even fit into our day and yet it has meant so much to me. Just knowing that you all are thinking of me at that very moment. So, thank you for all your thoughts, love and phone calls!

I have been working at Stampin' Up!'s Convention for the past two days. I have always loved convention and still do, but it is different this year with some of my friends not being there. One friend retired a couple of years ago, another friend was laid off in April, and another friend changed positions at the company and is no longer involved like she was. There is a special relationship that is developed at Convention working with fellow employees that you don't have on a day-to-day basis at the office. I have found myself getting closer to a couple of the other girls but in a different way since they are like in their 20's.

I, of course, forgot to bring my camera, so I don't even have a picture to post of this event. You would be absolutely amazed. There are about 3,000 people attending (mostly women) that all love to scrapbook and make cards. You wouldn't believe some of the ideas they come up with. They are so creative and talented. I learn a lot from them.

I'm also anxious to get back home. Ernie seems to be a little bit lonely without me there. Not sure why -- because in the evenings he's usually in his office and I'm in mine -- each of us doing our own thing! It is nice to know though that someone else is in the house. I'm anxious to be together this weekend.

Anyone have any ideas of what we should do for my birthday this weekend? I think we should celebrate!

5 comments:

  1. I think you guys should go to dinner and a movie... JUST THE TWO OF YOU!! Something romatic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONVENTION! So fun! That is one place I wish I would have gone before giving up my Stampin Up Demo title!

    I wish I was down there this weekend. After the romantic evening...(good idea Shalise) I would show up, the next night of course, and we would play games and laugh all night! Bummer that I am not! I miss you! I am glad you had a good bday! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I am about a month short- But Happy birthday!!! It sounds like it was a good one. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I think that I am about a month short on the Happy Birthday too. But Happy Belated Birthday- Better late than never, right? Hope it was fabulous! Found your blog off of Shalise's and thought I would catch up on your life- Miss you- Hope all is well w/ you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Antia,

    Can you Email me. I have some questions about the New Stampin' Up! IDA. I have tried to get some clairifcation and I seem to be getting put off, I was told you might could help me out. Thanks

    Phil Bettencourt
    P_JBettencourt@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete